We’re hiring! The Writing Center is looking for a Website Coordinator to start immediately.
Website Coordinator Responsibilities
Maintain the day-to-day stability and development of The Writing Center’s main and staff websites, and further develop and expand the sites as the needs of the center change.
Work closely with the Media Coordinator and Web Development Team to develop content management strategies for both the sites and the center as a whole, as well as develop the websites to better integrate Writing Center media including social media, video, audio, and visual content.
- Ability to create and troubleshoot web documents using HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with and ability to problem-solve in WordPress – codex, themes, plugins, widgets, etc.
- Basic knowledge of MySQL databases and phpMyAdmin
- Basic knowledge of and/or experience with information architecture and content management
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
This position is hourly for an undergrad or grad. Applicants with the appropriate skill set could also serve as a part of The Writing Center general staff, which includes working with clients on various composing project in one-on-one and small group sessions; and may also include facilitating in-class workshops, especially those on digital topics, e.g., digital video and composing for the web.
Please contact Dr. Trixie Smith, Director of The Writing Center, to apply or ask questions, smit1254 (at) msu (dot) edu . Applications require a letter of interest, a resume/CV, and a writing sample or two.