This Quick Guide will show you, step-by-step, how to schedule an appointment at the Writing Center. One-to-one appointments are the meat of the Writing Center (unless you’re a vegetarian. Then they’re the tofu of the Writing Center). In an appointment, a consultant will help you to improve and strengthen as a writer. Just follow this Quick Guide and you’ll be one step closer to becoming a writing wizard.
1. Go to http://writing.msu.edu/ (oh, hey! You’re here).
2. Click on the happy orange “Schedule an Appointment” icon in the top right side of the home page.
3. Register for the Writing Center scheduling system. Make sure that you fill in all of the required fields (because they are required). I recommend using your MSU email.
5. Select the location where you would like to make an appointment in the top center of the screen. Bessey Hall is our primary location, but during the fall and spring semesters we have satellites open in many of the different ‘hoods around campus.
8. When you return to the calendar, your appointment will be highlighted in yellow.
9. You will receive an email confirming your appointment. If you have to edit or delete your appointment, please do so through the Writing Center website.
10. Make sure to show up on time or else you risk forfeiting your appointment.
All done! You just made your first Writing Center appointment! Go take a victory lap and pat yourself on the back, because you’re a winner!