Visit Locations and Hours for more information on our specific hours and locations/modalities.
Guidelines and Policies
- One hour consultations are 50 minutes long and two hour consultations are 110 minutes long.
- You are only able to schedule one consultation per day, and three per week.
- You are able to schedule and cancel appointments up to a ten minutes before the consultation is scheduled to begin.
- If you miss more than three appointments your account will be locked. To unlock it you need to contact a Writing Center administrator.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to an online appointment, the appointment will be marked as missed.
- If you have any questions or issues accessing the Google doc, Zoom, or making an appointment, please use the chat function on the website. A receptionist will be able to help you!
- Consultants who can do Zoom appointments are marked in the scheduling system
Scheduling An Appointment
The first step for scheduling an appointment is to choose the “Schedule An Appointment” button. Or, you can click here!
If you have an account, you’ll need to enter your email address and password. Remember that this is a different log-in than your NetID! If this is your first time visiting our site, you’ll need to register for an account.
Use the dropdown at the top of the schedule to choose your location.
Any white space is an open time (blue = taken, gray = too late, orange = your appointment)
When you click on a white box, you can read the consultant’s bio to find out more about them. Consultants often highlight their favorite genres of writing to consult on, so you can choose a consultant whose background matches the work you’re completing. Once you’ve double-checked your appointment time and inputted the course number, instructor’s name, and a short description of what you’d like to work on, hit the “Save Appointment” button and you’re ready for your appointment.
If you’re scheduling an online appointment, you’ll also need to input your email address so our receptionist knows where to send your Google Doc.