The Writing Center at MSU operates with a broad vision of collaboration in the MSU community; peer-to-peer consultations with students, faculty, and the community allow us to expand ideas of literacy and composing beyond traditional models and geographic boundaries.
With this vision for both the academy and the global community in mind, The Writing Center is committed to
- Working with and developing multiple literacies
- Encouraging and facilitating collaboration
- Supporting interdisciplinary methods of thinking, writing, and researching
- Promoting diverse understandings of writing and the disciplines in which they are situated
- Utilizing new technologies in pedagogically responsible ways
This philosophy then guides our programmatic developments and drives change as needed.
We believe this expansive view of writing, literacy, and pedagogy enables us to meet the ever-changing needs of a diverse constituency and challenges us to continually grow as The Writing Center at MSU.