The flyers have been sent out and the application is online – STAF 2014 applications have officially opened!
STAF, for those of you who may not know, is short for Strategies and Tools Across Fields: Teaching With Writing. STAF is a faculty workshop series held May 5-9 and August 18 & 19, 2014, and will be facilitated this year by Dr. Terri Trupiano Barry, Dr. Dianna Baldwin, Dr. Catherine Ryu, Dr. Rocio Quispe-Agnoli, Dr. Trixie Smith, and Shari Wolke.
This interactive, faculty-led set of workshops will address issues that emerge when teaching with writing, including:
- Designing effective writing assignments
- Scaffolding writing assignments
- Connections between writing and critical thinking
- Using peer response effectively
- Responding to and (re)developing student writing
- Developing assessment rubrics
- Teaching discipline-specific genres
The STAF Application can be found at writing.msu.edu/staf.
If you have any questions about STAF or the application process, feel free to contact Shari Wolke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!