A Professional Development Workshop Series for MSU Graduate Faculty
May 12-13, 2020 | 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Do you want to improve the quality of your students’ writing?
- How can your writing and composition activities become more effective learning tools?
- What are other ways to make student-writing assignments achieve your own and your field’s learning objectives, goals, and core knowledge?
This interactive faculty-led set of workshops will address the following issues that emerge when teaching with writing across university disciplines:
- Designing effective writing assignments
- Scaffolding writing assignments
- Connecting writing and critical thinking
- Using peer response effectively
- Responding to and (re)developing student writing
- Developing assessment rubrics
- Teaching discipline-specific genre
Participants will develop or modify at least two writing assignments that can be used in future courses and a tentative syllabus that weaves together writing assignments and course content.
Karen-Elizabeth Moroski; WC Associate Director
Dustin De Felice; Director, English Language Center
Amy Wisner; Professor, Broad College of Business
Rachel Robinson; WC Graduate Coordinator
Sponsored by The Writing Center @ Michigan State University
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION for the workshop, please complete the form here:
To help us plan effectively, please submit applications by January 31, 2020. For more information, contact Rachel Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).